01 September 2016
Apply for EIDHR: 2016 Global Call for Proposals
The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is a European Union programme that aims to promote democracy and human rights worldwide through support to civil society initiatives. The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council in March 2014. This instrument is designed to support civil society to become an effective force for political reform and defence of human rights.
Its 2016 Global Call for Proposals now is open.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in its actions to support the protection and the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms worldwide.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are to support civil society and human rights defenders working outside the EU in five key areas of human rights corresponding to the five recurring lots of 2014-2017 EIDHR global calls for proposals:
- Lot 1: support to women Human Rights Defenders and/or Human Rights Defenders working for women's and girls' rights where they are the most at risk
- Lot 2: support to civil society actions fighting against torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
- Lot 3: support to the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Lot 4: support to the rights of persons belonging to minorities and persons affected by caste-based discriminations
- Lot 5: support to addressing impunity and to transitional justice
The deadline for submission of the concept note is 14 October 2016.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 31,034,000
For further and detailed information on the call, as well as guidelines please check EuropeAid website or the following link: http://bit.ly/EIDHRGlobalCall2016
Any specific question on the call from an organisation can be made to the email created for this purpose: EuropeAidemail@example.com